This past month we saw residential resales on Oahu finish up 3.2% at 289 transactions for single family homes and 12.6% at 547 transactions for condos.
Single Family Home Stats
This Hoakalei home (MLS # 201812925) is listed for April's median price of $790,000
The median sales price finished at one of the highest we've seen on record at $790,000, which was slightly off the record of $795,000 in June of last year. However, it was a healthy 10.9% increase from April of last year. As I said earlier, the number for transactions was also up and homes were again moving briskly with a median number of Days on Market at just 17 Days.
Chateau Waikiki condo (MLS # 201812311) priced just under April's median of $416,000
The median sales price was $416,000. Although this was off March's record high of $435,000, we saw a huge uptick in the numbers of sales by 12.6% as I mentioned earlier. The median days on market also showed strength of a Seller's Market.
Local Market Updates
As always, real estate is local and here's what neighborhoods were hot for buyers and sellers in the month of April:
Neighborhoods “Hot” for Sellers
- Home sales in Moanalua-Salt Lake were up 200%
- Home prices in Aina Haina-Kuliouou were up 98%
- Condo sales in Hawaii Kai were up 69%
- Condo prices in Kapahulu-Diamond Head were up 148%
Neighborhoods “Hot” for Buyers
- Home sales in Makiki-Moiliili and the Windward Coast were down 29%
- Home prices on the North Shore were down 34%
- Condo sales on the North Shore were down 60%
- Condo prices in Mililani were down 57%
What’s Happening in Your Neighborhood?
Please consider these are broad overviews for regions on Oahu. To find out what is happening in your specific neighborhood (or street for that matter), feel free to contact me for more information.