November was another strong month for housing on Oahu. Both single family home and condo sales were up double digits for the month.
Single Family Home Stats
This home in Palolo (MLS # 201628762) is listed for November's median price of $750,000
This was the 3rd time in 2016 where the median sales price reached $750,000 or above and was a 4.8% bump from $715,000 this time last year. The median days on market was only 17 days!
Waikiki Condo (MLS # 201626106) priced under November's median of $395,000
The condo market was on fire in November with the median sales price up 13.7% from last year to finish at $395,000. In addition, sales were up 17.6% from last year and Sellers were excited as the median days on market to sell was even lower than homes at just 15 days.
As always, all real estate is local. Here are the neighborhoods on Oahu that were hot for sellers and buyers in November:
Neighborhoods “Hot” for Sellers
- Home sales in Downtown-Nuuanu were up 125%
- Home prices in Waialae-Kahala were up 42%
- Condo sales in Wahiawa were up 300%
- Condo prices on the North Shore were up 83%
Neighborhoods “Hot” for Buyers
- Home sales in Wahiawa and the Windward Coast were down 17%
- Home prices in Aina Haina-Kuliouou were down 48%
- Condo sales Moanalua-Salt Lake were down 13%
- Condo prices in Kapahulu-Diamond Head were down 49%
What’s Happening in Your Neighborhood?
Please consider these are broad overviews for regions on Oahu. To find out what is happening in your specific neighborhood (or street for that matter), feel free to contact me for more information.