The median sales price of a condo on Oahu last month tied the previous record of $425,000 that was set in July.
Hale Pua Lei condo (MLS # 201717956) in Diamond Head listed @ September's median of $425k
Sales volume was also up 2.7% from last year with 526 condo transactions taking place on the island. Sellers were not only happy with the their gains, they were also getting properties sold with a median days on market of just 19 days.
Single Family Home Stats
Although the single family home price didn't set a new record last month, sales volume took a huge jump with a 13.7% increase from last year to see 374 homes transact for the month. It was also great for Sellers with the median days on market at just 14 days (which tied the lowest we've seen in 3 other months this year so far)!
Local Market Updates
As always, real estate is local and here's what neighborhoods were hot for buyers and sellers in the month of September:
Neighborhoods “Hot” for Sellers
- Home sales in Aina Haina-Kuliouou were up 133%
- Home prices in Aina Haina-Kuliouou were up 42%
- Condo sales on the Windward Coast were up 150%
- Condo prices in Ala Moana-Kakaako were up 93%
Neighborhoods “Hot” for Buyers
- Home sales in Hawaii Kai were down 42%
- Home prices in Kalihi-Palama were down 13%
- Condo sales in Wahiawa were down 33%
- Condo prices in Kalihi-Palama were down 33%
What’s Happening in Your Neighborhood?
Please consider these are broad overviews for regions on Oahu. To find out what is happening in your specific neighborhood (or street for that matter), feel free to contact me for more information.