Luxury Real Estate on Oahu
Oahu luxury homes and condos have been featured in both national in international publications for decades. It's no surprise that people are drawn to Hawaii for its beauty, however due to high demand, not all million dollar sales on Oahu can be defined as "luxury". There are often multi-million dollar homes that can be considered "tear downs" by some people's standards. There may also be palatial homes that can be found just under $1 million.
What Defines Luxury?
In my opinion, luxuy real estate, like all real estate starts with location. When you have the location, the improvements can be scrutinized subjectively by all walks of life, however when you start to see homes over $5 million on Oahu, you won't find too many people that wouldn't mind calling it their home... As always, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, some of the luxury real estate you find here will be considered by many.
Where Do I Find Luxury Real Estate on Oahu?
The past leaves clues as to where sophisticated buyers define luxury. Below you'll find the highest residential sales on Oahu since the turn of the century. You may notice a trend here...
Highest Home Sales on Oahu by Year:
- 2013 Portlock | 503 Portlock Road Sold for $19,650,000
- 2012 Diamond Head | 3139 Diamond Head Road Sold for $10,950,000
- 2011 Kailua (Beachside) | 59 Kailuana Place Sold for $14,000,000
- 2010 Kahala | 4653B Kahala Ave. Sold for $22,000,000
- 2009 Diamond Head | 3239 Noela Dr. Sold for $8,750,000
- 2008 Kailua (Beachside) | 51 Kaikea Pl. Sold for $22,000,000
- 2007 Portock | 503 Portlock Rd. Sold for $15,900,000
- 2006 Kailua (Beachside) | 145 Kailuana Lp. Sold for $24,000,000*
- 2005 Kahala | 4631 Kahala Ave. Sold for $19,800,000
- 2004 Kahala | 4505 Kahala Ave. Sold for $17,500,000
- 2003 Kahala | 4433 Kahala Ave. Sold for $9,000,000
- 2002 Kahala | 4663 Kahala Ave. Sold for $9,700,000
- 2001 Hawaii Loa Ridge | 1133 Ikena Circle Sold for $9,400,000
Highest Condo Sales on Oahu by Year:
- 2013 Diamond Head | Kuu Makana @ Diamond Head Sold for $7,500,000
- 2012 Kakaako | Hokua 38L Sold for $4,700,000
- 2011 Diamond Head | Diamond Head Apts. 403/404 Sold for $4,673,300
- 2010 Kakaako | Nauru Tower PH-4303 Sold for $4,750,000
- 2009 Diamond Head | Diamond Head Apts. 801 Sold for $3,700,000
- 2008 Kakaako | Hokua PH36K Sold for $4,900,000
- 2007 Diamond Head | Diamond Head Apts. 1201 Sold for $4,500,000 (tie)
- 2007 Kakaako | Hokua PH38L Sold for $4,500,000 (tie)
- 2006 Kakaako | Hokua PHB Sold for $5,845,000
- 2005 Diamond Head | Diamond Head Apts. 303/304 Sold for $4,236,000
- 2004 Diamond Head | Coral Strand PH3 Sold for $3,950,000
- 2003 Diamond Head | 3019 Kalakaua 6 Sold for $2,700,000
- 2002 Diamond Head | 3019 Kalakaua 8 Sold for $2,298,000
- 2001 Kahala | Kahala Beach Apts. 272 Sold for $1,750,000 (Leasehold)
* In 2006, there was a vacant lot in Kahala that Sold for $34,000,000
Below you'll find some of the most up to date luxury real estate listings on Oahu. Can't find what you're looking for? There's many more not on market as well. Feel free to contact me to help you find the perfect luxury property on Oahu.
Oahu Luxury Real Estate for Sale
OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME! EXPANSIVE BEACHFRONT ESTATE in Hawaii's premier neighborhood. Nearly 1.5 acres of land w/ 125 linear feet along Kahala beach. Beautifully desig...
Truly a resort within itself! Absolutely stunning Kailua beachfront estate spanning from St to Ocean consists of 3 TMK's totaling over 65,000+ sq ft of tropical grounds. ...
Experience this beautiful grand beachside estate which offers breathtaking views of Oahuâs famed Kailua coastline nestled on over 1.25 acres and approximately 200 linea...
Street to beach w/amazing views from 2nd story, private veranda's overlooking beach & gardens. Wonderful flr plan w/quiet areas for solitude or lg gatherings. Beautiful ...
BEACHFRONT TROPICAL LUXURY on Kailua Beach. 125 Linear ft of beach frontage. Designed by award-winning San Francisco firm GAST ARCHITECTS & is LEED® CERTIFIED™ GOLD. Atte...
Hi'ilani stands with all of its beauty, elegance, and splendor within the gates of Hawaii Loa Ridge. With unparalleled attention to detail this elegant property is design...
LANIKAI HILLSIDE ESTATE... This stunning new project by House Concepts & award-winning architect James McPeak sits high above Lanikai w/ unsurpassed views of the ocean & ...
Truly a resort within itself! Absolutely stunning Kailua beachfront estate w/over 42,000 sf of tropical grounds showcasing a fabulous heated pool and spa. This exquisite ...
Spectacular ocean, Diamond Head, sunset view from this dramatic home! Designed like a sun dial w/180 degree views to capture wider panoramic views. An architectural maste...
PANORAMIC OCEAN/DIAMOND HEAD/WAIKIKI/CITY LIGHTS VIEWS from ONE OF THE LARGEST ESTATES IN METRO HONOLULU, close to elite private school PUNAHOU & downtown Honolulu. Rare ...
KAHALA BEACHFRONT HOME on Kahala Avenue, Honolulu's most prestigious street! Panoramic ocean views from Koko Hd to Black Point. Gated contemporary 2-story hm w/private be...
North Shore Oahu, exclusive beachfront 'Trophy Estate' with 101 feet of beach frontage. A rich blend of structural and architectural design maximizing Hawaii's indoor/out...
This stunning 4BR, 4BA oceanfront masterpiece on the slopes of Diamond Head offers the perfect combination of luxury and private island living. Incredible 180 degree pano...
One of kind ocean/sandy beach property in Diamond Head. Completely deceiving from street level. Enter the iron gate (Keep it total privacy) and lush green landscaping and...
Inspired by Old Hawaii, 41 Mahiloa offers captivating views of the cerulean blue Pacific Ocean and the Koolau mountains. This prize-winning, beachfront estate is located ...
The stunning location, classic design and luxurious features define this historic Kama'aina estate with all modern amenities. The elegant home affords views, privacy, and...
$1M price reduction! Last Kahala Avenue ocean land sale at $391/ sq. ft. means this propertyâs land value is $13,362,000. Existing home replacement cost is $5M+. M...
E Hoomaluia "The Flag Pole House" an iconic Kailua landmark has approximately 96 linear feet of white sandy beachfront. Located in the highly desirable Ka'apuni Drive nei...
RARE opportunity to own an entire floor of spacious, Exquisitely Designed Penthouses at the Waikiki Landmark. Each of the four penthouses showcases lavish appointments an...
- Bldg.Waikiki Landmark
Situated above Kahala & overlooking Honolulu, this luxurious mountain top estate boasts 360-degree views, privacy & a plethora of amenities! Cozy up to one of the firepla...
Free Daily Email Updates
- Automated home searches
- Favorite properties
- Email updates
- And much more…